Monday, May 01, 2006

Merlefest

This post has nothing to do with the Orange Cat, but it was so much fun I had to share. This weekend I was at the Merlefest; a weekend-long bluegrass festival held in memory of Doc Watson's late son, Merle. It has been going for about 20 years and just gets stronger every year! They were expecting 100,000 this year! I had a great time listening to crazy bluegrass, and then some not-so-bluegrass music. It was a good mix of rock, folk and bluegrass. The food is also something not to miss. I really introduced my Swedish husband to southern food with some roasted corn on the cob. He says he never liked corn until he has tasted it down here! You can check out their website at www.merlefest.org if you would like to know more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home