Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend Update

This weekend has been busy! On Saturday Martin and I drove up to Waynesville for an e-session. There is much to say about that experience, but I am going to save it until I get the pictures ready to show! ;) But it will be worth the wait...probably the most memorable e-session I have done!

On Sunday I participated in the wedding show at the Hickory Metro Convention Center. There were tons of brides (and even a few grooms) along with moms, sisters, bridesmaids...and even those that weren't getting married, but just wanted to check it out. I met so many excited ladies! There were many that weren't getting married until next spring but already starting their research. As one that has been through that process, I have to say they are very wise! I had a year to plan my wedding and I finished one month early to spend time with our out-of-the-country guests. Start your planning as soon as you get engaged! Here's is a list of things I would plan in order:

1. wedding/reception location-These places fill up quickly; especially if you are getting married at a destination spot such as Charleston, Hilton Head, or Asheville.

2. photographer- I have already gotten requests for 2009! While extreme, it is definately not out of the ordinary. Photography is the most important aspect of your wedding...think about it; in 20 years the only thing you will have left to remember your wedding and to pass down to children or grandchildren is your pictures. It is the only way to share moments that happened in the past to people that weren't a part of your life then. You don't want to be stuck with whoever is left! Book early; get your first choice!

3. wedding dress- Most boutiques have to order your dress which can take weeks. Once the dress arrives, you will probably have to have it altered. Save yourself the stress and start looking early!

These are the top three things you should start with. Of course the list goes on...but it is a good starting point!

I thought I would share some pictures of my booth. A HUGE thanks to my hubby, Martin for making the "walls" in my booth and for helping me set up and then pack up. I just love him!




















4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Dana! I hope you get lots of inquiries and many bookings from the show! Love your save-the-date cards and your composite!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jen E. said...

love the packaging, esp the "envelopes" that contain package/price info, where did you get them made? I would love to get something like that done.

Jen Lee

1:18 PM  
Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

nice marketing materials! i need to get some new design cracking. i just don't want to be the one who does it. know anybody?

5:39 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Looks like you did a great job!!! I love all the details...I see us in those pictures too! ;D

Hey, I want to see those pics from the e-session! :D

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home