Monday, April 30, 2007

Merle Fest

For the past 20 years there has been a festival in memory of the legendary Doc Watson's son, who tragically died at an early age. Each year the festival grows and 20 years later several thousand people attend from all over the country. Lucky for me, it is held in North Wilkesboro, a short drive away. Martin and I went up Friday night to hear several artists perform and catch up with old friends. Here are a few pictures!

Courtney and Cindy.


Me and Martin


Cindy and me


The Watson Stage...this is the main stage where all of the headliners play. Alison Krauss played this year on Saturday...I had a wedding and didn't get to see her, which made me sad! But we saw Elvis Costello and The Carolina Chocolate Drops They were great fun!


And here is the very talented Robinella from East Tennessee.




For more information go to Merlefest's Website to see who was there this year and to see the dates for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home